Search This Blog

Friday, September 26, 2014

Superior Spider-Man Update: Series Finale and Spider-Verse

A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away... Wait! That's copyright. Ahem! Long ago on the month of August 16 2013, I launched the blog Legends of Heroes (May or may not be the name of an existing RPG, didn't know about it then) and made my first post of the comic series Superior Spider-Man. It was great, but the series has changed a lot since my blog post about it. So I decided to update my data on the series.

For one thing, there have been a few spin-offs of the series that I honestly never read. These titles include Superior Team-Up, Superior Foes of Spider-Man, and Superior Carnage. According to the worldwide WEB (spider pun) Superior foes follows the Sinister 6 after their defeat in Superior Spider-Man issue 1# and they lost the Living Brain (you know, Spider-Man's robot assistant who gives out tastier beverages) from there team. Superior Team-Up is as the name implies. Superior Spider-Man is paired with a different Marvel super hero each issue.
Superior Carnage is about the Carnage symbiote being transferred to someone named Dr. Malus. Nuff said.

At first when I read comics 1-4#, I thought he was a great guy who could learn the proper ways of being a superhero. NO. That was established at the end of 5#. After that I had mixed feelings about the character. Some issues I root for him and some I think he should've stopped calling himself superior and call himself an EGG-NO-RA-MOOSE as the guys from Cracker-barrel would say. I don't mean to spoil anything but here's two lists:

Top 5 Smart Moves Otto Has Made:
1.Adding claws. Those are cool!
2.Making the Living Brain into his personal assistant.
3.Killing the Spider-Slayer. :I--"Did you just -" Hey it was the day of his execution! It was supposed to happen.
4.Getting minio-er... foot soldiers I mean.
5.Read series finale to keep from spoiling.

Top 5 Stupid Moves Otto Has Made:
1.Killing every villain he sees. Except Spider-Slayer, that was justified.
2.Insulting people. Favorite insults: Dolt! Inferior! Idiot!
3.Getting Jameson to stop trusting him.
4.Quitting the Avengers.
5.Not giving Peter Parker his body back in 9#

These moves I think are probably because he's not used to being a hero and more used to being a villain. I guess not everyone can be heroic or triumphant. Eh.

Let's cut to the chase. Unless your a big dodo you read the title and thought "They ended the series already?!" or "What in the thorax is Spider-Verse?!" Well here's how I'm going to tell about the end without spoiling it for those who want to read the series.
:| ....... *cheep cheep cheep. :|
Very triumphant. On to the why! Just about everyone wrote that Parker should be brought back and that they hate Otto. I can infer (Your welcome literature know-it-alls) that's why they ended the series so early. It's ironic too. When the first Amazing Spider-Man remake was made, someone wrote they should bring Otto back! :D--HaHaHaHaHa. So be sure to not listen to your mom and start at 34# cuz that's the end.

Onto Spider-Verse. It starts at 19# with Superior Spider-Man goes to 2099 and almost get's arrested. He then builds a machine to take him back but instead is transported to the other universes of Spider-Man. Turns out, a terrfying and horrible monster has been going through the universes and killing the Spider-Man's from that universe. After realising that, Otto goes to the other Spider-Men and insist they gather together to destroy the fowl  beast.

So now that the series is over I had some new thoughts about it. I still like the art style, but it grew to be more realistic which is better. Things are as hectic as when it got in the middle of the series and maybe a little more. It'll keep you on the edge of your seat and make you want to buy the next issues.
Nuff said. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment